Sudur Paschim Samaj is an NGO working for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment and the promotion of Human Rights for sexual and gender minorities in Nepal.
Sudur Paschim Samaj will accelerate implementation of activities that demonstrate marked improvements in HIV case findings among KPs and priority populations (PPs) and increase early enrollment in treatment, viral load testing and improve adherence and retention among PLHIV. Sudur Paschim Samaj Under FHI360/EpiC project announces vacancy for following position:
Position- Health Assistant-ART
Number of staffs needed- 1
· Coordination with ART clinic, medical doctors/clinicians and perform/record client health assessment
· Screen client for: Opportunistic infections, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), TB assessment, baseline laboratory test and medical history assessment
· Coordinate with doctors/clinicians and Non-government Organization (NGO) representative such as Community and Home Base Care (CHBC) and Community Care Centre (CCC) for various tests: baseline and follow up investigations, Viral load testing, CD4 count and assist clients for lab test. Collect and record lab reports of clients in individual record file
· Support for organizing viral load sample collections and coordinate for transport and testing
· Offer index testing and support for client notification, counseling and testing
· Support ART clinician for consultation of PLHIV at ART center
· Perform pre-test and post-test counseling for HIV testing of client.
· Counsel HIV positive client to start ART
· Provide adherence counseling and motivate for retention in care
· Provide enhanced adherence counseling for clients with not suppressed viral load test.
· Provide disclosure counseling, counseling for partner notification and testing
· Provide follow up dates to clients. Contact clients via phone and remind them the date of follow up visit
· Following up lost to follow up cases and reengaging them to restart treatment
· Provide support for ART initiation and adherence and index testing as needed in the community
· Record and update client information in Health Management Information System (HMIS) 7.1, 7.2, 7.4 and 7.5 and enroll client in HIV Care and ART Tracking System Including biometric fingerprints of the client
· Support for data verification of HMIS registers and reports
· Update and maintain stock register (medicine and test kits)
· Update and maintain daily Anti-retroviral (ARV) and Opportunistic Infection (OI) drugs consumption register.
· Physical verification of ARV drugs (number of pills remained at site, expiry date etc.)
and test kits in stock against received commodities
· Create, update and maintain all the personal files in lockers.
· Record data as per the requirements of Project
· Coordinate and communicate with clients, Peer Navigator (PN), CHBC, CCC for client’s follow-up and linkage to HIV care
· Coordinate with HIV focal person and other government staff (medical recorder, storekeeper, statistical officer etc.) for admin and logistics arrangement for ART center.
· Collaborate with providers in the care network to support beneficiaries to enroll in care and to access and maintain healthy lives and achieve their health-related goals
· Support to coordinate with ART center for participation of medical doctors, health assistants and other staff of ART center in relevant training
· Support to organize continuing medical education (CME)
· Support for referral to clinical, psychosocial, and other care and support services, accompaniment to appointments
· Monitor and supervise work of PN assigned at ART center
· Coordinate with ART center and support other logistics support (internet, filing cabinets, etc) in coordination with Programme Coordinator
- Certificate level passed in General Medicine from a recognized institute and
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council.
- Experience of working with key population and PLHIV will be an advantage.
- Flexible working in off-hours (beyond standard office time) based on the working areas and availability of KPs to provide services as needed.
Please send/drop your application with recent CV and two referees to email@example.com by September 20, 2020 within 5.00 pm. Only short listed candidates will be called for further selection process. Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained. People from Sexual and Gender Minorities are highly encouraged to apply